Animal mortality policyholders
Markel requires that immediate notice be given for any accident, sickness, injury, and/or death of a covered animal. All non-emergency animal incident reporting, can be reported online here, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at the number below.
All animal emergencies should be reported via telephone so we can provide immediate assistance. Medical and surgical conditions must be reported as soon as possible, or immediately in the event of a covered animal’s death. If the animal is hospitalized, the policy requires Markel be notified within 24-hours of admission. A Markel Claims Examiner will guide you through the claims reporting process, and will explain how your Markel animal mortality policy will respond.
Office hours - Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern
Evenings, weekends, and holidays
For animal loss, please remember:
1. Report all accidents, sicknesses, injuries, and deaths.
2. Contact Markel for permission prior to any surgical procedures.
3. Make arrangements for an autopsy.
4. Call police in case of theft, shooting, or vehicular involvement.
1. Perform any surgical procedure without contacting Markel.
2. Have animal put down without consent of Markel.
3. Have animal removed prior to performance of an autopsy.
4. Neglect a police report, if needed.
Note: Please share these procedures with anyone having care, custody, and control of the insured animal. Failure to comply may jeopardize your coverage.
For offline reference download our claims card.