Did you know?
Markel Corporation was named to the 2015 Ward's 50 property-casualty top performers, again. Selected from over 3,000 property-casualty insurance companies domiciled in the US, 50 companies were honored with this award based on the following performance criteria:
- Five-year average return on average equity
- Five-year average return on average assets
- Five-year average return on total revenue
- Five-year growth in revenue
- Five-year improvement in surplus to written premium
- Five-year average combined ratio
Together, the group produced a 10.9% statutory return on average equity from 2010 to 2014, compared to 7.8% for the property-casualty industry overall.
See more about the Ward's 50.