TIPS and Markel
TIPS can provide cost-effective training solutions for Markel policyholders. TIPS is a dynamic, skills-based training program designed to reduce drunk driving, underage drinking, and intoxication by enhancing the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers, and consumers of alcohol. TIPS helps individuals understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those who are getting into trouble with alcohol.
Employees, managers, and owners who participate in a TIPS training session may be able to:
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors
- Recognize signs of intoxication
- Effectively intervene to prevent potential problem situations
- Handle refusal situations with greater confidence
TIPS training can help you:
- Reduce exposure to alcohol liability lawsuits
- Ensure compliance with state and local alcohol regulations
- Reduce penalties for alcohol violations
- Improve customer service and professionalism
How can I have my team TIPS certified?
eTIPS online training, is a self-paced, innovative approach to alcohol server and seller training. Policyholders can take the TIPS certification course anytime, and anywhere by registering at gettips.com.
Need multiple registrations? eTIPS pre-paid passports offer establishments, corporations, and organizations the flexibility of pre-ordering eTIPS registrations. For each passport you purchase, we will send you a unique registration code with instructions on how to access the course. Distribute these passports to individuals who need certified. Visit gettips.com for more information.
Enter the Markel code for pricing information.
TIPS is not an affiliate of Markel. Markel disclaims any warranties or liability from use of products or services provided by such third party.