Markel’s executive liability underwriting team offers insurance solutions across a broad range of industries to address the risks of Fortune 500-2,000 publicly-traded companies, large private companies with public debt, and companies engaged in complex transactions.
- Insurance coverage options including directors and officers liability – lead side A policy form, lead side A DIC policy form, excess follow-form policy, primary public D&O policy form
- Additional coverage available for fiduciary liability
- Claims service provided by our knowledgeable and experienced claims team
We insure Fortune 500-2,000 publicly traded companies and commercial and large private companies with public debt.
We focus on areas of Equity REITS, IPOs, LBOs, SPACs, carve-out transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Broad definitions of claim, defense costs, insureds, loss, and wrongful acts and is non-rescindable for non-indemnifiable loss
- Side A DIC D&O policy provides broad “difference-in-conditions” triggers and will adopt underlying terms when deemed broader and more favorable for insureds
- Excess policy is a “pure” follow-form excess coverage that does not introduce any new terms, conditions, or exclusions into excess policy
Markel also provides excess coverage for complex transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
Markel can also provide wage and hour and employment practices liability coverage to US companies in all industry classes including retail, food service, hospitality, healthcare, construction, and financial institutions.
Connect with us to find the right mix of coverages for your business.
Additional services and insights
As post-pandemic equity markets surge, carriers need to examine D&O governance exposure
Unique like you
Every business has different coverage needs.
We meet challenges head on to find creative coverage solutions, reduce risk, or help recover from a loss.
US and Bermuda offerings
Explore all of Markel's US and Bermuda insurance offerings and learn how our experience allows us to build specialized solutions.
Find a sense of comfort knowing you have a team working in your best interest to help you get the most from your insurance protection.
Careers at Markel
As a part of the Markel Style, we encourage career development, celebrate a diverse workforce, and recognize commitment to a zealous pursuit of excellence.