Markel is committed to providing the professional liability insurance solutions that financial institutions need.
- Our underwriting knowledge and experience in the middle market and community bank risk categories allows us to help meet the insurance needs of our clients.
- Our financial institutions claims team has knowledge and experience in adjusting claims for this dynamic sector.
We offer a broad underwriting appetite tailored for all traditional and alternative asset managers, registered investment advisors (RIAs), banks, insurance companies, mortgage REITs, non-traditional lending institutions, and other financial institution types.
Asset management companies
Traditional registered investment advisors, mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, pension consultants, financial planners, family offices, and more.
P&C insurers, life insurers, reinsurers, mortgage insurers, title insurers, and more.
Money center banks, super-regional banks, regional banks, community banks, and more.
Other financial institutions
Non-depository lending companies, community development financial institution fund, housing finance authorities, mortgage REITs, broker-dealers, financial technology companies, exchanges, and more.
- Primary investment advisor and fund blend policy
- Primary banking blend policy
- Primary private company blend policy
- Primary public company D&O policy
- Lead side-A DIC policy
- Lead independent director liability policy
- Excess “pure” follow form policy
Unique coverage features
- Blended capabilities incorporate traditional D&O and E&O coverages with separate and distinct employment practices liability, fiduciary liability, crime, bond, cost of corrections, and cyber liability coverage parts
- Broad definitions of claim, defense costs, insureds, loss, and wrongful acts and is non-rescindable for non-indemnifiable loss
- Limited exclusionary language
- Admitted and non-admitted product capabilities available
Connect with us to find the right mix of coverages for your business.
Unique like you
Every business has different coverage needs.
We meet challenges head on to find creative coverage solutions, reduce risk, or help recover from a loss.
Find a sense of comfort knowing you have a team working in your best interest to help you get the most from your insurance protection.
Our cultures and values
At Markel, we believe that what we do really matters, and that every one of us has the power to make a difference.
Our dedication to a responsible, sustainable approach consistently reflects the guidance of our company compass, the Markel Style.