Markel Surety provides superior financial security and outstanding service to prime and subcontractors.
- With capacity to $500 million, we are a market for preferred accounts with the tools and experience to provide structured solutions.
- We draw on our underwriting experience and understanding of the construction market to serve stand-alone, co-surety, reverse flow accounts.
These applications are for the convenience of professional Surety agents and producers already appointed with Markel Surety and their clients. If you are not appointed with us, please complete our online Agent Profile.
Construction Projects Over $500,000
- Last fiscal year-end statements on the company
- Complete copy of last company tax return
- Financial statement on owners/stockholders, concurrent with the company fiscal statement
- Certificate of Insurance
- Resume on key people
- Contractor Bonding Questionnaire
- Bank Reference Form
- Status of Contracts
- Personal financial statement form
- Bid Bond Request Form or Performance and Payment Bond Request Form
Construction Projects under $500,000
- General ownership information
- Bid Bond Request Form
- Performance Payment Request Form
- General Indemnity Agreement (GIA)
- Banking Information and general questions
- Work history/current work-in-progress
- Personal financial statement on owners and stockholders
- Current business financial statement
These forms are for use by our appointed Surety agents and their clients. Submit completed forms via email to your Surety underwriter.
Performance and Payment Request Form
Status of Contracts/Work in Progress (WIP) Form
Personal Financial Statement Form
Our Surety Claims Department is staffed by individuals who are trained to help prevent claims, facilitate resolution of disputes before they turn into claims, and investigate and manage those disputes that develop into claims and losses.